Directions For Installing A Printer
A majority of commercial printers are easy to get set up as long as you use the installation disc and follow the instructions that are provided by the manufacturer. The process can be a bit trickier when you are new to the computer and don’t have the instructions or CD any longer. This beginner guide can help you get your printer running in no time. People want to make sure they purchase the best Houston commercial printers for their business setting and so Advanced Business Copier is where you should go.
Use The Installation Disc and Manufacturer’s Instructions
You should always use the disc that was included with the printer along with the manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t have the printer’s manual any longer, try to do a Google search to find the model and name of your printer (look on the printer to find the model) and add the word “manual” to your search (e.g. HP Deskjet 3755 manual). There is also a set of printer manuals at Manuals Online that might help you. Most printers have a similar setup process:
1. Add paper to the printer’s tray and install the cartridges into the printer.
2. Insert the installation CD and then run the printer’s set up within the application (usually at setup.exe). That will install the printer’s drivers.
3. Use the USB cable to connect the printer to a PC and then turn on the printer.
4. On your computer, search for the printers folder (on Mac, navigate to System Preferences, and then choose “Print & Fax,” on Windows 7 and Vista click on the Windows key and the in the search box type “printers” to get to the Printers section quickly, and on Windows XP, navigate to “Start” and then over to “Printers and Faxes.”)
5. Print out a test page. On a Mac computer, click “Options & Supplies” and the on the “Utility” tab and finally click on “Print Test Page” to get your printer set up. On a Windows computer, right-click on the printer and then click on “Properties” and finally “Print Test Page.”
Go To the Manufacturer’s Website and Download the Printer Drivers
If you don’t still have the DVD or CD from the manufacturer, you need to go to the manufacturer’s website and download it. Just like with searching for the printer manual, do a Google search for your printer’s model and the name and add the word “driver” (for example, “HP Deskjet 3755 driver”).
1. HP: Type in the model and name in the HP search box or choose the printer category.
2. Canon: Click “Consumer and Home Office” and then “Printers and Multifunction” and search for your printer series and then next to your printer model click on “Drivers and Software.”
3. Epson: Select your printer category and then choose your model. Or you can use the Epson search box to type your printer’s name in. Be sure to download the driver that is for your specific operating system (e.g. Windows 7 or Windows XP). Follow the instructions above, but replace the part about the installation CD and instead use the downloaded driver.
How To Install a Printer That is Shared on a Network
To add a printer to your network that is connected to another computer, make sure that the printer is shared first. In Windows, rick-click on your printer’s name and then choose “Sharing” in order to have the option of sharing the printer. On a Mac, check the option “Share this printer on the network” in the section Print & Fax. Then use the wizard “Add a printer” to locate the printer on the network. On a Windows computer, navigate to the Printers folder (see above Step 4) and then click on “Add a printer.” Click on “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer” from the Add Printer wizard and then follow its prompts to choose and install your printer. Another method for adding a shared printer is going to Windows Explorer to a networked computer and then right-click on your printer and choose the option for adding your computer’s printer.
Set The Houston Commercial Printer As Your Default Printer
If you have several printers, it is possible to set one of them as the default printer. In Windows, right-click on the name of your printer and then select “Set as default printer. On a Mac, go to Print and Fax setting and then in the drop-down choose the option “Default printer.” For more information on our Houston commercial printer products at Advanced Business Copiers, make sure to contact us today by giving us a quick call at (281) 397-7429. If you would like to read more related content please check out our blog.