Feb 18, 2022
Helpful Ideas On Getting A Printer That Suits Your Business
You may be wondering, what are the best printers for small offices and businesses? Is it laser printers, all-in-one printers, or another type of printer? We compared the pros and cons of the most common types of printers used in small businesses to help you make an informed decision.
Key Features to Consider When Buying a Printer
There are certain key features you need to consider when choosing a printer for a small business:
- Initial Cost: You may have a limited budget to buy a printer for your small business. If this is the case, you need to consider the initial cost of buying the printer.
- Long-Term Costs: It may seem logical to buy a cheaper printer to save money at first. However, it’s important to consider the long-term costs associated with using the printer like energy consumption, maintenance, cartridge replacement, and more.
- Maintenance Requirements: Will the printer needs routine maintenance to work effectively? Is the type of printer you want to buy prone to jamming or other problems?
- Printing Speed: Do you typically print lots of documents within a short period of time? Printing speed will affect how fast you can print documents.
- Printing Quality: Will you use your printer to mainly print internal documents, or will the documents be shared with external parties. Printing quality can have an impact on the overall impression of your business.
- Printing Type: Do you need a printer to print colorful graphics and high-quality images, or will you use the printer for ordinary documents and publications?
Best Types of Printers for Small Businesses
Now that you have an idea of the key features to look for, let’s have at some of the most popular printers for small businesses, along with their pros and cons.
All-in-One (Multifunction) Printers
Many small businesses and startups prefer multifunction or all-in-one printers because they include a traditional printer, copier, scanner, and fax machine all in one unit. These printers provide you with all the fundamental hardware you require to operate a business efficiently. Most all-in-one printers come with Wi-Fi connectivity and allow users to scan documents straight to the cloud for convenient access by other users on the network. Here are some of the main pros and cons of all-in-one printers for small offices and businesses.
Pros of All-in-One Printers
- Enhanced Productivity: The best all-in-one printers for small enterprises have higher printer and copy speeds when compared to a conventional copy machine or laser printer. Higher speeds increase productivity.
- Cost-Effective: Buying toners and ink for a fax machine, copy machine, and printer can be costly. A multifunction printer offers you enormous savings by eliminating the need to buy toners for multiple devices.
- Save Space: All-in-one printers combine the functions of multiple office machines into single, compact hardware that saves both space and money.
Cons of All-in-One Printers
- Some Printers May Not Be Able to Multitask: Some all-in-one printers cannot perform two tasks at the same time.
- Potential Traffic Jams: With a single multifunction printer in an office, there will inevitably be a traffic ham at the printer at some point when different people want to fax and print at the same time.