Dec 11, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted our lives in many ways, including where and how we work. Remote work has rapidly grown by over 115% in the last decade, making us rethink the way we work and adapt to meet these new obstacles. So how do business owners deal with this new work landscape? Voice over IP(VoIP) is one of the solutions.
What exactly is VoIP? Essentially it is a service that allows a user to place calls over an internet connection. Not only is it less costly than a traditional line, it also offers a multitude of capabilities that the former cannot. VoIP allows users to take calls from anywhere while being scalable for a business depending on their size and what they want to do.
Benefits of VoIP
- Sound quality - With a strong internet connection, VoIP calls sound equally if not better than traditional phone calls. This can be enhanced even further with microphone add-ons and recording devices.
- Lower Cost - On average, it is cheaper than a traditional landline because it uses your internet connection rather than requiring additional systems or extra hardware.
- Remote-ready - Employees can call in from anywhere they have a stable internet connection.
- Ability for add-on solutions - Include features such as auto attendants, call waiting, voicemail, or virtual extensions. The options are endless and customizable.
- Easy setup - If using by computer only all you need is an internet connection, the correct software and a microphone
If looking to go even further with VoIP, there is Unified Communications (UCaaS). This is at the heart of every thriving organization. VoIP is still involved but is joined with other communication services such as instant message or video calling. With "work-from-anywhere" features and vast control of the organization, businesses are becoming more efficient with better communication tools. During COVID-19, working remotely became essential keeping businesses open and operational. However, that doesn’t mean working in-office will be a thing of the past. Flexibility is key; allowing employees to telecommute while providing the opportunity and space to work face-to-face with colleagues. It also promotes work-life balance and overall employee satisfaction. With more employees working remotely, services such as VoIP are becoming even more necessary. Established in 1992, Advanced Business Copiers has built a reputation for providing exceptional service to our customers. Our team along with our sister company AdvanTec Solution offers expertise to help grow your business and ensure your satisfaction for years to come. To learn more about our products and services, contact us at 281.397.7429 or fill out our contact form. We look forward to working with you!